At Liquibox, our commitment to sustainability flows through everything we do
Our dedication to sustainable packaging that protects our customers, our people and our planet is what makes us who we are. We work in partnership to design high quality solutions that reduce our customers’ carbon footprint, and our own. By using fewer resources, minimizing the environmental impact of our operations, and collaborating with other industry leaders, we’re helping to overcome the challenges of sustainable packaging.
Liquibox Sustainability Reports
We’re proud to transparently share our ambitious sustainability goals and offer regular progress updates that highlight the united efforts across our organization. The reports below can be downloaded to provide a comprehensive overview of sustainability at Liquibox.
More sustainable products
Our range of packaging solutions that meet the highest standards for a circular economy can be found on our More sustainable products page.
Flexible packaging is the sustainable choice
Flexible packaging has inherent sustainability features that make it a great choice for customers interested in improving their environmental impact.
- Reduces water consumption by up to 94%
- Cuts down on waste by using up to 92% less material
- Improves efficiency in transport—cutting inbound freight by 90% and requiring 50% less storage space
- Minimizes carbon footprints by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by up to 80%
- Reduces food waste by extending the product shelf life to an additional 1-20 weeks
Source: FPA 2018
Driving toward a more sustainable future
At Liquibox, sustainability is more than a box to check—we view it as an opportunity for innovation and growth to address the issues of today and prepare for the challenges of tomorrow.
The journey to more sustainable performance begins by focusing on three areas: products, operations, and people.
Products designed for the planet
Our strategy to reduce our carbon footprint includes:
- Lightweight and downgauge
- Design for recycling and recovery
- Use materials with minimal impact on the environment
Operations with less impact
As a global company we’re implementing programs to:
- Reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduce waste to landfill
- Improve employee health and safety performance
People actively collaborating and engaging in the community
We believe it’s our corporate social responsibility to:
- Build community engagement
- Advance sustainable packaging
- Create an inclusive workplace
Making meaningful change happen
We are making progress every day on reaching our sustainability goals. Some of the milestones we have reached include:
- Recycle-ready packaging*
- Multiple zero waste to landfill sites, including Ashland, Ohio (U.S.), Madrid (Spain), Taizhou (China) and Wythenshawe (UK)
- Energy efficient lighting at plants
- Participation in the Blessings in a Backpack event for all U.S. sites, which provided over 3,000 meals for children facing food insecurity
- Membership in Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC), How2Recycle, and CEFLEX
*for limited applications
Partner with us
We are excited to partner with our customers, suppliers and industry organizations on this journey and continue improving and advancing our offering of sustainable packaging solutions for liquid products. We hope that you will join us in making a difference.
If you would like to work together on the journey to a safer and more sustainable future, please do not hesitate to reach out.
From greater sustainability to higher performance, we’re here to deliver what your business needs most.