Preserve the flavor and quality of your edible oil, from the grove to the kitchen
Whether you are looking for economic bulk cooking and fryer oil packaging or searching for a way to stand out on the shelf with your premium olive oil, we have the perfect solution for all of your edible oil and oil-based product needs. From sunflower, canola and palm to soybean, olive and coconut oil, our flexible packaging is used in food service kitchens around the world as well as at home for cooking and seasoning every day.
Our durable bag-in-box and pouches for edible oil are a more sustainable, cost-effective and lightweight packaging alternative to plastic and glass bottles, jug-in-box and tin containers. Due to its air-tight design and no oxygen ingress even after first opening, our flexible bags maintain the flavor, aroma and freshness of vegetable oils for up to 24 months.
Bags & films for edible oil
At Liquibox, we understand that edible oil and oil-based liquids are very sensitive to oxygen and light. Our specially designed flexible bags provide excellent moisture barrier and grease resistance. Our edible bag offering includes metPET with PE, biaxially-oriented nylon (BON) laminate and recyclable polyethylene.
Our edible oil bags provide maximum product protection and over 99% product evacuation.
Liquibox offers a wide range of standard bag sizes from 1L (0.25G) to 1400L (370G) as well as customizable options. Common sizes for food service are 10L, 20L and 32-35 lbs. or 5G.
Fitments & dispensing taps for edible oil
Liquibox offers a wide range of dispensing and connecting solutions for vegetable oil and oil-based ingredients including dispensing taps, pouring caps, and line-side connectors. Our offerings have been specifically adapted to oil viscosity to allow for a convenient, hassle-free and controlled pouring for food service and entertainment industries as well as for consumers at home.
See our range of complementary bag fitments on our fitments page.
Bag-in-box filling equipment for edible oil
Our bag-in-box filling machines offer reliable, cost-effective and high-productivity filling to the oil industry. Liquibox fillers have the ability to adapt to a large range of dispensing fitments and bag size changes quickly and easily.
Pouch film for edible oil
We offer a wide variety of durable film technologies that protect your oil products from UV lights while ensuring superior product taste and quality. Our pouch film offerings include metallized PE laminate and clear polyethylene laminate and EVOH coextruded film, with optional printing.
Pouch filling equipment for edible oil
We offer vertical form, fill and seal (VFFS) dual-head pouch fillers, capable of filling 250ml–2L pouches.
Why choose flexible packaging for edible oil products?
Bag-in-box and pouch flexible packaging is designed to reduce product waste, improve efficiency in dispensing and preserve oil quality.
Keeps your product fresh
- Up to 12-24 months shelf life once opened, depending on storage conditions
- Protection against light and oxygen
- Minimal contact with air, even after opening
Saves you money
- Low investment cost
- More energy efficient than rigid plastic or glass containers
- Stackable and lightweight for transportation and storage efficiencies
Fits your needs
- Works in various commercial dispensing system
- Ideal for retail and food service applications
- Suited for large output and small-scale production as well as for new product testing
Preserves and protects
- Products are food safe and pass chemical, mechanical and migration tests
- Airtight filling and minimal handling help to eliminate possible contamination
- User-friendly and easy dispensing
Meets sustainability objectives
- 100% recyclable box
- Minimal packaging waste upon disposal – easy and convenient to deconstruct
- Uses less material – packaging is 50% lighter on average than the next-best alternative*
- Reduces CO2 emissions by an average of 42% when compared to alternatives*
*Source: Pira, LCA across 5 product categories and 17 packaging alternatives
From greater sustainability to higher performance, we’re here to deliver what your business needs most.