Protect your fresh ingredients so consumers can enjoy the natural goodness in every cup
As consumers move away from sugary beverages and look for healthy alternatives, Liquibox is committed to delivering durable packaging that keeps nourishing smoothie products fresh and safe. From yogurt and fruit-based smoothie mix to fruit flavorings, protein beverages and slushy drinks, flexible bag-in-box and pouch packaging keep your products optimal for even longer, guaranteeing freshness and consistent flavor, color and appearance. Our bag-in-box packaging is used around the world by the food service industry in commercial blended ice dispensing machines and cold beverage dispensers. Standard, pasteurized, aseptic and ESL packaging and filling options are available.
Bags & films for smoothies
Our durable film structures for smoothie products deliver outstanding drop protection, flex crack resistance and long-distance shipping durability. Our film technologies offer low oxygen permeability and protect the taste and quality of light-sensitive liquids such as dairy-based smoothies. Our wide range of film technologies include metPET with PE and EVOH with PE laminations as well as our specially-designed SealGard™ coextruded film for dairy-based products.
With our patented SealGard film, enjoy superior performance coupled with a more environmentally responsible 20% film gauge reduction, while maintaining improved durability for your dairy-based smoothies.
Liquibox offers a wide range of standard bag sizes from 1L (0.25G) to 1400L (370G) as well as customizable options. We also offer optional irradiation for enhanced product safety.
Fitments & dispensing taps for smoothies
Our smoothie taps and fitments are designed to easily and conveniently work with commercial dispensing systems and include pour-from options as well as fitments and connectors with a pump-out style system.
Filling equipment for smoothies
Our bag-in-box filling machines offer reliable, cost-effective and high-productivity filling to the liquid food and beverage industry. We also offer a wide range of aseptic fillers with steam sterilization or chemical sterilant capabilities, delivering superior product protection. These compact fillers have the ability to adapt to a large range of dispensing fitments and bag size changes quickly and easily.
Pouch film for smoothies
Pouches for smoothies are a convenient solution for single servings as well as for trialing new flavors. We offer a variety of durable film technologies that protect your beverage from oxygen and UV light while ensuring superior product taste and quality. Our pouch film offerings include metPET with PE and EVOH with PE laminates, with optional printing.
Pouch filling equipment for smoothies
We offer vertical form, fill and seal (VFFS) dual-head pouch fillers, capable of filling 125ml–2L pouches. Our aseptic pouch fillers have steam sterilization capabilities, delivering superior product protection. These high productivity fillers are optimized to minimize maintenance downtime and ensure safe, reliable production.
Why choose flexible packaging for smoothies?
Bag-in-box and pouch flexible packaging is designed to reduce product waste, improve efficiency in dispensing and preserve the freshness and taste of your liquids.
Keeps your product fresh
- Additional 1-20 weeks shelf life depending on the product type and storage conditions
- Protection against light and oxygen
- Minimal contact with air, even after opening
Saves you money
- Low investment cost
- More energy efficient than rigid plastic or glass containers
- Stackable and lightweight for transportation and storage efficiencies
Fits your needs
- Works in any commercial dispensing system
- Ideal for retail, food service and industrial applications
- Suited for large output and small-scale production as well as for new product testing
Preserves and protects
- Products are food safe and pass chemical, mechanical and migration tests
- Airtight filling and minimal handling help to eliminate possible contamination
- User-friendly and easy dispensing
Meets sustainability objectives
- 100% recyclable box
- Minimal packaging waste upon disposal – easy and convenient to deconstruct
- Uses less material – packaging is 50% lighter on average than the next-best alternative*
- Reduces CO2 emissions by an average of 42% when compared to alternatives*
*Source: Pira, LCA across 5 product categories and 17 packaging alternatives
From greater sustainability to higher performance, we’re here to deliver what your business needs most.