Beer & Cider
A taste direct from the brewery
Traditional keg systems are associated with capital expense, return fees, storage space issues and product waste due to limited shelf life of in-use kegs. That’s why bag-in-box flexible packaging is the ideal alternative to kegs or bottles for craft and nitro beer, ciders and concentrates—it is more convenient, sustainable and cost-effective all while preserving the quality, flavor and shelf life of your favorite beverage.
At Liquibox, we can work with you to develop innovative bag-in-box offerings with your specialized carbonating systems and beer concentrates. Let us find the right solution for you so that consumers can enjoy compact and convenient bag-in-box beer and cider at breweries, bars, outdoor gatherings and at home.
Bags & films for beer & cider
Our durable film structures for beer and cider deliver outstanding oxygen barrier, drop protection, flex crack resistance and long-distance shipping durability. We offer a wide range of high barrier film technologies to protect your beverage, including metPET with PE and foil laminates.
Our bags provide maximum product protection and over 99% product evacuation.
Liquibox offers a wide range of standard bag sizes from 1L (0.25G) to 1400L (370G) as well as customizable options.
Line-side connectors & dispensing taps for beer & cider
To provide the best options for beer and cider dispensing, we offer connectors, fitments and dispensing taps for the bar and entertainment industries as well as for at home consumption. Our product development team can work with you to develop the right dispensing option that works with your carbonating or pressurized systems.
Filling equipment for beer & cider
Our bag-in-box filling machines offer reliable, cost-effective and high-productivity filling to the beverage industry. These compact fillers have the ability to adapt to a large range of dispensing fitments and bag size changes quickly and easily. Our filler systems are specially engineered to easily integrate with standard brewing equipment.
Why choose bag-in-box packaging for beer & cider?
Bag-in-box packaging is designed to reduce product waste, improve efficiency in dispensing and preserve the freshness and taste of your beer and cider, providing many benefits to brewers, food service outlets and consumers alike.
Keeps your product fresh
- 9-12 months shelf life when kept un-broached in normal storage conditions
- Double the shelf life when broached vs. keg kept in cellar cooled environment
- Minimal contact with air, even after opening
Saves you money
- Low investment cost
- More energy efficient than kegs or glass bottles
- Eliminates expenses associated with return, cleaning and sterilization of reusable kegs
- Less CO2 is added compared to kegs
- Labor time reduction to clean and sanitize the lines
- Stackable and lightweight for transportation and storage efficiencies – 30% more beer per pallet
Fits your needs
- Ability to work in commercial dispensing systems
- Boxes can connect in series eliminating down time changing kegs
- Ideal for retail and food service applications
- Suited for large output and small-scale production as well as for new product testing
Preserves and protects
- Products are food safe and pass chemical, mechanical and migration tests
- Airtight filling and minimal handling help to eliminate possible contamination
- User-friendly and easy dispensing
- Eliminates the risk of altering taste with cleaning chemicals
Meets sustainability objectives
- 100% recyclable box
- Minimal packaging waste upon disposal – easy and convenient to deconstruct
- Uses less material – packaging is 50% lighter on average than the next-best alternative*
- Reduces CO2 emissions by an average of 42% when compared to alternatives*
- Reduction of carbon footprint – returned empty kegs contain 125-150L of CO2 and mixed gas that is released to the environment
*Source: Pira, LCA across 5 product categories and 17 packaging alternatives
From greater sustainability to higher performance, we’re here to deliver what your business needs most.